Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Post subject: Xbox 360 Jaspers seen in the wild
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:46 

BenHeck has one and has tore it to bits. If anyone was holding off buying a 360 for whatever reason, this is the model you want; it's likely to run quieter and be the most fail-proof Xbox yet.

Post subject: Re: Xbox 360 Jaspers seen in the wild
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:04 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Will see if Mrs C will get me one for my birthday

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:06 
Gogmagog

Kovacs Caprios wrote:

YAY!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:09 
Master of dodgy spelling....

MaliA wrote:
Kovacs Caprios wrote:

YAY!

Not holding my breath through... Although I can redesign my office so I will be plaiing room for a 24" monitor and an xbox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:37 
Excellent Member

Doctor GlyNadolig wrote:
the most fail-proof Xbox yet.

A bit like the award for "Hollands Biggest Mountain".

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:39 

Because I am clearly some kind of mentalist, I still see no reason to get another one of these when I gots the PC and the PS3.

But this Jasper model and the new dashboard with the install-o-games function, which clearly makes things run that bit quieter, are quite tempting propositions.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:45 

Zio-lent Night wrote:
Because I am clearly some kind of mentalist, I still see no reason to get another one of these when I gots the PC and the PS3.
If all the bezzies here had PS3s instead of Xboxes, I would play PS3 all the time, not 360. There are very few platform exclusives (on either side) and the ports are all pretty much equivalent on both platforms now. But they don't, Microsoft got their first and Live has the critical mass of users.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:22 
Excellent Painter

Doctor GlyNadolig wrote:
Zio-lent Night wrote:
If all the bezzies here had PS3s instead of Xboxes, I would play PS3 all the time, not 360. There are very few platform exclusives (on either side) and the ports are all pretty much equivalent on both platforms now. But they don't, Microsoft got their first and Live has the critical mass of users.

And the Sixaxiiiiiiiis is a funny way of spelling shit. And the online service on PS3 is crap in comparison to Live as well. Interested to see if they rectify it with "home" which unless I'm mistaken has gone public beta today hasn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:36 

I've been on the Home beta for a couple of weeks - it's a bit shit really. I'm sure it could be fairly good, but so far it just seems to me to be a very cynical way of making money out of idiots.

Also, I wholeheartedly agree with you about the Sixaxis, but the Dual Shock 3 controller, with those cheapy plastic triggers you can buy for the L2 and R2 buttons is a very respectable controller indeed. Bearing in mind the excellent d-pad (compared to the one on the 360 controller), and even if I still owned a 360 I'd be getting the PS3 version of Street Fighter II HD.

That said, the 360 controller is still the best ever in my mind.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:40 

DBCracker wrote:
And the Sixaxiiiiiiiis is a funny way of spelling shit.
Like Zio, I don't hate it as much as everyone else does. I don't think it's as good as the 360 pad but I don't find it hateful.

Quote:
And the online service on PS3 is crap in comparison to Live as well. Interested to see if they rectify it with "home" which unless I'm mistaken has gone public beta today hasn't it?
I reckon when they released in-game XMB, it was quite close to parity with the 360, but NXE is a big jump ahead again. I might go boot the PS3 later and put Home on.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:44 
Unpossible!

I've disliked playstation controllers since they added the analogues. The grips just aren't long enough and the whole thing just feels too small even to my distinctly average sized hands. ALso, the PS3 controller feels as light as a feather which doesn't work in my mind. Light=cheap. Heavy=Solid and wellmade. Just call me an xbox fanboy I suppose

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:48 

davprezzie wrote:
I've disliked playstation controllers since they added the analogues. The grips just aren't long enough and the whole thing just feels too small even to my distinctly average sized hands. ALso, the PS3 controller feels as light as a feather which doesn't work in my mind. Light=cheap. Heavy=Solid and wellmade. Just call me an xbox fanboy I suppose

Another reason to get a Dual Shock 3. They don't feel horrible light and cheap - they're weighted just as you would expect.

I never used to like Playstation controllers, much preferring the Saturn-analogue/Dreamcast/Xbox/Xbox 360 line of controllers over the years. But I am definitely getting more and more used to it. To be honest, I really do feel now that the Dual Shock 3, with the plastic trigger attachments, is about as god as you can get without it actually being the 360's controller. And the D-pad is miles better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:53 
Unpossible!

don't your wrists and trigger fingers ache after a while? I've never had any discomfort with the 360, put all of the Sony effort since the original dual-shock has felt like my hands are too close together

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:56 

davprezzie wrote:
don't your wrists and trigger fingers ache after a while?
I get with all pads, I grip too hard.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:07 

davprezzie wrote:
don't your wrists and trigger fingers ache after a while? I've never had any discomfort with the 360, put all of the Sony effort since the original dual-shock has felt like my hands are too close together

I know exactly what you mean and I used to get that myself - I guess I've just got used to it over the years. I used to play on my PSP quite a lot, and I guess any pad would feel comfortable after that.

Dr. G. I agree with you about the Bezzies thing. If online was that important to me, I'd defintely go back to the 360, even though PSN has come on in huge leaps and bounds over recent months. I do definitely miss the Achievments - the PS3's Trophy system feels very half-assed in comparison, even when they eventually force all games developers to use it (next year apparentely), the lack of Gamerscore and the fact it takes an age to load up a friend's profile and see their Trophies mean it will never beat MS's efforts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 13:06 
Sitting balls-back folder

The DualShock 3 is lovely. The 360 pad, while I know it should be nicer, gives me hand cramps.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 13:15 
Excellent Member

both are shit, really. The xbox is good if you're playing with your index fingers on the triggers and thumb on the analogue. Other than that it's shit.

Best pad:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 13:17 
Unpossible!

how about this one?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 13:37 

Yes. More controllers should look like puppies.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 14:44 

Zio-lent Night wrote:
Dr. G. I agree with you about the Bezzies thing. If online was that important to me, I'd defintely go back to the 360, even though PSN has come on in huge leaps and bounds over recent months.
Note that online != bezzies. I could play randoms all day on the 360 and randoms all day on the PS3 and be equally unhappy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 15:40 
Participant in dramatic games

Plitzen wrote:
Doctor GlyNadolig wrote:
the most fail-proof Xbox yet.

A bit like the award for "Hollands Biggest Mountain".

hey the Cauberg was promoted from 4th to 3rd category when the tour de france passed in '06, and that's not even our highest!

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]