Post subject: 25 years of a legend
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:55 
UltraMod

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 674863.stm

I love 'Arry.

Post subject: Re: 25 years of a legend
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 17:01 
Sleepyhead

I hate him and think he's a complete dick.

So bitter at not getting the England job, he's resorted to badmouthing Capello and saying he won't achieve anything. After some uninspiring friendly results, 'Arry was all over the place saying how we were terrible, how he'd have done a better job and Capello was a failure.

Strangely quiet on that issue now, isn't he?

But of course, he has to have a gripe, so he goes off on a rant that the England Under-21 team has no superstars in the team and are inconsistent.

They are unbeaten in 27 consecutive games, and had their star player stolen to play right wing for the senior team, where he scored an effing hat trick in Croatia, Harry, you pompous, deluded, hateful cunt of the highest order!

GRRRRAARARAR!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 18:12 
Time Out for Fun

Curiosity wrote:

So bitter at not getting the England job, he's resorted to badmouthing Capello and saying he won't achieve anything. After some uninspiring friendly results, 'Arry was all over the place saying how we were terrible, how he'd have done a better job and Capello was a failure.

But of course, he has to have a gripe, so he goes off on a rant that the England Under-21 team has no superstars in the team and are inconsistent.

They are unbeaten in 27 consecutive games, and had their star player stolen to play right wing for the senior team, where he scored an effing hat trick in Croatia, Harry, you pompous, deluded, hateful cunt of the highest order!

GRRRRAARARAR!

pretty sure milner has been starting right midfielder for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 19:38 

Curiosity wrote:

GRRRRAARARAR!

I saw the U21s at Wembley against Portugal actually. They were very good even without Theo.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 22:30 
Chinny chin chin

Top manager but bright orange when I came across him when working for their local radio station (which the club now owns). I walked out into reception and there he was with our own Mickey "who ate all the pies" Quinn.

He was in for the post-match phone in which annoyingly I wasn't driving that day. I always used to get the no-mark players instead. Never Merson or Harry. Ho hum!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:50 
Sleepyhead

Runcle wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

GRRRRAARARAR!

pretty sure milner has been starting right midfielder for a while.

Indeed, but his point was that there wasn't going to be anyone from that team come through and be the next Rooney or Beckham... and yet the star player for the SENIOR team in their best result in years was a player in Beckham's position that had been taken out of the Under-21 side.

As Dudley said, the U21s are good. They are unbeaten in 27 matches... yet Redknapp called them rubbish because he's a xenophobic wanker who doesn't mind stuffing his team full of cheap imports, but gets all cunty when a foreign manager who is FAR, FAR BETTER THAN HIM gets the England job.

Not to mention that he signs tons of African players and then whines and whines and whines and whines when they get called up for the African Cup of Nations and he's left short for a month or two. FFS, Harry, you idiot, you fucking knew they'd be going you absolute cockface!

Also, he complains about being down to the 'bare bones' all the time... well it's your fucking transfer policy you orange faced sack of shit!

GRARARARARAARRRRR!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 13:08 

I have no sympathy with any manager complaining about their players at internationals. You don't like it, sign someone who doesn't play internationals.

One of the changes I'd make if I were head of the FA is to make the international manager king in these matters. He wants them to play 90mins for England, that's exactly what they do. If he wants to call up a player they get called up. He thinks the club is playing up an injury, the england physios get to take a look.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:20 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
Not to mention that he signs tons of African players and then whines and whines and whines and whines when they get called up for the African Cup of Nations and he's left short for a month or two. FFS, Harry, you idiot, you fucking knew they'd be going you absolute cockface!

The man's transfer dealings make Del Boy look like an honest businessman. He goes to Portsmouth, complains he needs players, drags them to the shit, leaves for Southampton, complains he needs players, relegates them, runs back to Portsmouth and complains he needs players despite the fact that it is the very fucking squad he bought in the first place.

Of course, never having had a huge managerial position, how else was he supposed to be able to afford that all that property on Sandbanks?

Still, he won the FA Cup. With one lucky win over United and conquering 5 Championship teams, wow, such an achievement!

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:15 
UltraMod

I will love him forever for getting the Stains relegated. As one Pompey fan said on the BBC messageboards, "Come home Agent Redknapp, your mission has been successful."

He also masterminded a 2-0 third round FA Cup win for us over Man Utd in 1984 when they were the holders.

He is a legend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 13:16 
Sleepyhead

He can't help himself from being an ignorant, big-mouthed xenophobic imbecile, can he?

On Hull's boss, Phil Brown:

'But he's taken Hull to incredible heights already and is a beacon for all to realise that no foreign manager is better than an English one. I don't care what anyone says.

'But when these idiots will realise this I don't know - maybe in another 25 years.'

How do you remember to breathe, you retarded moron? Care to name us how many English bosses (who are all better than nasty foreign bosses like Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger) have won the Premier League? FFS! I hate the man more than anyone else in football.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 18:25 
Excellent Member

90% of Portsmouth's income goes on player wages.

Thats solid management right there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 20:59 
Chinny chin chin

Plissken wrote:

Be fair. Their ground only holds about 7 people so that must seriously hinder revenue.

That said, I bet when they'll be relegated a few years after moving into their new stadium. Just look at Southampton. Nobody wanted to go and play Southampton at The Dell and it was worth at least 6 extra points a season for it being an intimidating shithole. The moment they built their super-duper stadium it all turned to shit because it was just another generic Premiership stadium.

Likewise Fratton Park, a shithole ground worthy of League 1 but not a place people like to go and play.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:26 
UltraMod

Not quite true. Southampton managed a couple of top ten finishes in their new stadium before a terrible season where they went down. The reason they haven't come back up is mainly down to Rupert Lowe and not giving decent managers like Paul Sturrock a chance.

Anyway, good old 'Arry's been having a go at a referee. I bet it's because his name is Darko, eh Curio?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:15 
Excellent Member

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Plissken wrote:

Be fair. Their ground only holds about 7 people so that must seriously hinder revenue.

Blackburn, Bolton and Fulham seem to cope.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:21 
UltraMod

Plissken wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Plissken wrote:

Blackburn, Bolton and Fulham seem to cope.

Err, what?

Blackburn: 31,367
Bolton: 28,723
Fulham: 26,400

Portsmouth: 20,700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:30 
Excellent Member

That is capacity, not average attendance.

(That 31,000 number for Blackburn reminds me of a very funny couple of stories about Burnley fans and Deadwood Park.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:33 
UltraMod

We were talking about the amount that Pompey's ground holds, though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:41 
Excellent Member

Pompey fill their ground at 20,000, true. Blackburn, Bolton and Fulham get crowds around the same.

Their finances aren't as perilous, especially when you consider that Pompey won the FA Cup and have trips into Europe.

The guy is a sham artist in the same way Venables is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:46 

Welcome to Spurs, Harry!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:57 
Excellent Member

Legendary behaviour right there. "He wants to manage a big club", which will be a sound bite accompany the Pompey Chimes in the ears of the fans quite well.

Of course, he can now claim he was better than Juande Ramos now that the real problem has gone in Comolli. (Just don't mention the Carling Cup win.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:12 
Chinny chin chin

myoptika wrote:
Not quite true. Southampton managed a couple of top ten finishes in their new stadium before a terrible season where they went down. The reason they haven't come back up is mainly down to Rupert Lowe and not giving decent managers like Paul Sturrock a chance.

But my point is that they may not have been relegated if they had been at the Dell as it was the kind of ground people don't like to play at.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:14 
Chinny chin chin

Plissken wrote:
(Just don't mention the Carling Cup win.)

The Carling cup was won before they cleared out Jol's squad which was a team most managers would have given their right arm for.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:41 
Excellent Member

More in reference to the case of 'Arry going "Yeah, that Spanish guy was shit, look what I've done." and erasing that bit of Ramos' reign.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 15:24 
Time Out for Fun

Plissken wrote:
Legendary behaviour right there. "He wants to manage a big club", which will be a sound bite accompany the Pompey Chimes in the ears of the fans quite well.

Of course, he can now claim he was better than Juande Ramos now that the real problem has gone in Comolli. (Just don't mention the Carling Cup win.)

But he didnt want to come to 'big club' newcastle, just as well though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 15:32 

Newcastle isn't a big club. They haven't even been in the Premiership since it started.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 23:27 
Chinny chin chin

Runcle wrote:
Plissken wrote:

But he didnt want to come to 'big club' newcastle, just as well though.

Newcastle have won jack shit for ever, and have a comedy style management structure. So Harry turned them down. After what happened with Keegan he was proved right. Faced with an upcoming AGM, Levy saw sense and told Harry that he would be in full charge at Spurs. The only reason the Director Of Football role initially worked with Spurs was because Jol and Arnson trusted each other. Comolli wanted the power without the responsibility.

If anything the Newcastle comedy of errors has educated the Spurs board. Levy cannot afford the club to be relegated so paying off Ramos and Portsmouth was a no brainer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 0:55 
Time Out for Fun

I wasnt saying newcastle were/are actually a big club the way I dont feel spurs are one either was just a shit joke. Although redknapp didnt turn down the job because of the management style mainly because we didnt have it place when he turned down the job, it was mainly because he wanted to stay in the south.

Mind you I cant see what redknapp can do for spurs in the long term, I really cant see him being the missing link to get them in the champions league.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:13 
Chinny chin chin

Runcle wrote:
I wasnt saying newcastle were/are actually a big club the way I dont feel spurs are one either was just a shit joke. Although redknapp didnt turn down the job because of the management style mainly because we didnt have it place when he turned down the job, it was mainly because he wanted to stay in the south.

Mind you I cant see what redknapp can do for spurs in the long term, I really cant see him being the missing link to get them in the champions league.

Harry would still be Spurs manager today though even if he had taken the Newcastle job. He would have walked like Keegan did. He did the same at Portsmouth first time round as well. So he would probably have still been appointed because he would have walked out on Newcastle by now.

Had to laugh at the moaning Portsmouth supporters today. For fuck sake you pathetic bunch of idiots, if it wasn't for Harry you'd be playing Doncaster and Preston instead of Man U and Chelsea! Before Harry the closest any Pompey fan had previously come to European football action was shagging a Polish prozzie while wearing an away shirt!

"We can never forgive him for leaving for Southampton" they cry. Yeah, and he fucking relegated them and they'll be in League 1 next year with little hope of seeing top flight football in the next 10 years. You should strike him a bloody medal!

He isn't a long term appointment for Spurs but he's got a decent squad to work with and a team with money. I think he's probably taken Portsmouth as far as they can. So why not go for one more challenge?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:17 
Sleepyhead

Oh, for Redknapp it's a no-brainer. He's done as much as he can with Pompey, and they're in a horrible state at the moment. They'll implode and get worse over the next few seasons, a la Bolton post-Allardyce.

Harry's goal this season has to be a top half finish. They'll survive as they've got a good team and money to burn in January. To be honest, I think the board would take anything above last season.

What is interesting is how much leeway he gets the season after this one. If he finishes lower than Jol did (5th), then the knives are going to come out, or at least they certainly should do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:28 
Chinny chin chin

Curiosity wrote:
What is interesting is how much leeway he gets the season after this one. If he finishes lower than Jol did (5th), then the knives are going to come out, or at least they certainly should do.

Levy has proved he's just as bad as Sugar as a chairman. But he hasn't learned any of the lessons that Sugar learned. Sugar has said that his instinct was to run the club as a business but in hindsight this was impossible. You can run a profitable business but it's hard to translate that into success on the pitch.

Levy has tried to do what Sugar tried to do. He wants to run the club as a profitable business and the entire club structure has to be run along business lines. However this has failed. We've actually now gone full circle and appointed a Venables style wheeler dealer who will be calling all the shots.

The board want a profit but hopefully they are pragmatic to recognize when they have cocked up and that there will be no repeat of the Jol situation (and lets face it, Jol is rubbing their noses in the shit at the moment).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:14 
UltraMod

chinnyhill10 wrote:
myoptika wrote:

But my point is that they may not have been relegated if they had been at the Dell as it was the kind of ground people don't like to play at.

I don't see your point. Stains were always facing a perennial relegation battle when I was growing up with them playing at the Dell. As soon as they got a new stadium they had more money and managed to push themselves up the league, with some good top ten finishes. It was only one bad season that saw them relegated. Of course, what's happened since then is a completely different story...

Anyway, I think it's fair enough for 'Arry to want a shot at a big club. He's never managed a big club before and he has left Pompey in a decent position. He's at the end of his career now, so I'm just hoping he pockets the money and then comes back to Bournemouth triumphantly as chairman. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:08 
Sleepyhead

myoptika wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:
myoptika wrote:

I don't see your point. Stains were always facing a perennial relegation battle when I was growing up with them playing at the Dell. As soon as they got a new stadium they had more money and managed to push themselves up the league, with some good top ten finishes. It was only one bad season that saw them relegated. Of course, what's happened since then is a completely different story...

Anyway, I think it's fair enough for 'Arry to want a shot at a big club. He's never managed a big club before and he has left Pompey in a decent position. He's at the end of his career now, so I'm just hoping he pockets the money and then comes back to Bournemouth triumphantly as chairman. ;)

...and then gets jailed for (censored - Ed).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 19:30 

Oh dear. Poor old 'Arry.

Quote:
Former Portsmouth Football Club manager Harry Redknapp faced boos as he was made a freeman of the Hampshire city just days after quitting the club.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 19:41 
UltraMod

Not surprising really. It was a minority, however - most fans were cheering. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 16:16 
Participant in dramatic games

go harry! the boy is doing fine, isn't he?

but jol was better

although we beat him 0-1 in the uefa europa league or whatever it's called

yeah!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 17:51 
Sleepyhead

romanista wrote:
go harry! the boy is doing fine, isn't he?

You'd hope he'd do well with that squad!

Quote:
but jol was better

although we beat him 0-1 in the uefa europa league or whatever it's called

yeah!

Indeed. I think that's good for us (Villa), as now if we win against the Prague team, we just need a draw in Hamburg to guarantee topping teh group.

:)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 18:08 
UltraMod

You'd like to think Ramos would've done, too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 21:38 
Sleepyhead

myoptika wrote:
You'd like to think Ramos would've done, too.

Indeed, but he was being a spanner.

I don't doubt that Redknapp is a competent manager, even a decent one. I just think he's a dick.

Though my ire is fast moving towards Roy Keane at the moment. Exactly how much money has he spent in making that team a bag of shit?

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]